For us science fiction and fantasy writers.
Beautifully written, touching. Sigh. Someday to write so well.
Ok, but I still want a pocket-sized one so I can help put an end to drones.
Yes, science fiction is still fun!
While you’re there at Daily Science Fiction, subscribe to get a new story via email (Monday-Friday), and check out their submission guidelines. They’re a market for fantasy, science fiction, and a number of similar/related subgenre stories, as well as science fiction art.
While there is wordless thought, words frame thought.
Words communicate thought.
Words create community.
God created all things with words.
Words are power.
Now go read about words of creation:
Words of Creation at Daily Science Fiction
- Read Ted Chiang’s Nebula Award-winnig novella Story of your llfe.
- Think about how you could turn it into a movie treatment. What would be the story in the movie?
- Write that story in a couple of paragraphs.
- Repeat #2 and #3 until you run out of ideas.
- Go see the movie when it comes out, and think about how it was like and different from your ideas.
Or, if you prefer, see the movie first, write your ideas of the story, then read the novella.
So how’d it turn out for you?