Another year further from the high school freshman who had discovered writing the summer before and bravely started sending out his poetry and stories. Didn’t sell any stories, but won a couple of cash-paying poetry contests, so he managed a $400 profit that first year.
Advice to musicians, writers, artists and creative people everywhere: Pursue your dreams when you’re young. It’s much easier!
Shot with my tablet two days ago, exposure set for the clouds around the middle of the image.
This sky dragon surprised me by dancing across the sky one day at about 8:30 in the morning, as we were heading to church.
It is stitched together from seven frames shot in a diagonal pattern. After some minor clean up, I decided that keeping the stair-step pattern accentuated the "climbing look" of the dragon.
- Frames processed with Bibble5 (bought by Corel, renamed to AfterShot Pro)
- Frames stitched together into a panorama using Hugin
- Title/copyright overlay made in Inkscape
- Panorama converted from 16-bit/48-bit TIFF to 8-bit TIFF using RawTherapee
- Combined the converted panorama and title/copyright overlay using the GIMP graphics program
The full sized image is 27"x25", so I'm thinking of selling prints. What do you think?
100 year exposure using pinhole camera to make image by fading black card stock “negative”:
Cameras in Berlin are recording 100-year exposures to document the changing city