That came first, made using SimpleMind Free mind-mapping app for Android:
Then it was translated to text by Copy-Paste Translation Services, Inc:
chewed up bits
pretending to still have
an ant-like dweller in
hides off-stage yet
everything you see
Hope you like. Took lots of jiggering around in Wordpress to make it look the way I wanted. Still learning Wordpress stuff.
[2016.2.21: Edited to add link to the pictorial poem mentioned below.]
My writing and creativity (and this blog) haven’t gotten much of anywhere lately.
“Why’s that?” maybe you ask. (Or maybe you’re still thinking about your worst enemy?)
A few things:
- The quote “Life happens while you have other plans.”
I’m currently employed full time doing other things elsewhere. So there’s the usual problem of (1) a hunk of time spent each week and (2) the resulting lack of available energy once (1) has been completed.
- I’m the resident tech support person. So in the last few months:
- Had to replace my wonderful wife’s netbook after it finally became intolerably slow, old and parts of the keyboard stopped working.
- Said netbook replacement included learning enough Windows 10 (filthy piece of spyware!) to:
- Upgrade its factory-installed Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (that took four days, thanks for finally getting around to offering the upgrade, Microsoft!)
- Add Ubuntu Linux to it (which is what she uses – she hasn’t fired up Windows 10 even once!!!)
- Migrated my laptop from a nice-but-gone-dormant Linux distribution to a more current one, so I could upgrade some creative programs I use.
- Dealt with running out of drive space on the household server (What, 4 terabytes isn’t enough???!!!!).
- Dealt with said server deciding to overheat and keel over when the both case fans both decided to quit working simultaneously.
- Replace a dead amplifier for my music work.
- Make digital versions of hymns for my church, St. Nicholas’s Episcopal Church, Kapolei. That’s been a big change for my church, since in its nine years of life, we’ve almost never once done a traditional hymn.
- Taken, processed and posted photos for said church. Lately, mostly processed, since I’m trying to cut back on my photography effort there. Today I just posted the past four weeks worth of pictures, check them out. Most are by my friend Kevin, who has been enjoying his Christmas present, a shiny new Olympus DSLR.
- And various other sundries just to keep things interesting.
Now some of those things needed to be done, so there was some justification for doing them.
But the times when I didn’t have other things to do, and had some energy available, I have to honestly say that I’ve rarely done any creating:
- I have one pictorial poem, hope to put it up here. That one originated on the tablet, so it’s always been available to work on.
- Prepared and printed a couple of good-sized (22″x10″) panoramas from a trip we made a couple of years ago to Napa, California.
- Prepared a large panorama of the Honolulu-Diamond Head shoreline. If printed, it would be 17′ long!!!
One good thing from the last few months’ effort: I’ve finally caught up on ALL OF MY UNPROCESSED PHOTOS! 🙂
But I still have a storm of stories and ideas for stories, music and pictures. When I look at doing one of them:
- Lazy Me decides he’d rather look at email, or read something on the web or Twitter, or read a book. (I’ve read a lot more books than I’ve usually done.)
- Sensitive Me would also rather not do the stories that hurt. 😦
- Indecisive Me can’t decide which one to work on, anyway.
So I added a new item to my To Do list, something to help me decide which of the hundreds of stories/ideas to do.
So let’s see how long it takes me to complete that item. 😉
“Ideology is the illusion that the system is in harmony with the human order, and the order of the universe.” – Havel